[UK-CONTEST] Remote -listening to 160 CW

Dave G3RXP g3rxp at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 1 02:20:09 PST 2010

All - It is becoming a fascination and a serious mode for some contesters to
be
able to listen to stations in contests using a remote station or as I did
this weekend through the University of Twente in the Netherlands as a PCL
(PC based SWL).  I was interested in the propagation from  G stations etc.

I can confirm that I did hear Nigel, Ron YDX, and Jan.

Interesting but not a serious mode for me, although nice to listen to the
pileups from the living room.

For those interested in listening to their own signal coming back from the
University of Twente -there is about a 2 second delay.

The URL is  http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/    _ you will need java, and
give it about tenseconds to load the page and activate the speakers.

73 Dave G3RXP