[UK-CONTEST] Feb 144 UKAC

Ray James gm4cxm at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 4 06:03:25 PST 2010

--- On Thu, 4/2/10, Rob Harrison <robharrison at g8hgn.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> The thread was started to get other peoples views from
> their locations. It seems the majority are not aware of this
> reflector, or are only supporting their club and not
> interested in longer distance QSOs, or are running smaller
> stations, possibly. There are many more stations active
> (140+) there to be worked, but I can't find them. I'm trying
> to find out why that is and improve my score.

FB Bob,

There's a direct link via the links page on the HF site.
Maybe Peter could include the same direct link on the VHF links page as currently it routes to the main contesting.com site and the VHF Contest link takes you to the North American VHF Contest registration.

I missed the first 45 minutes.
GB3VHF is usually audible all the time but Tuesday evening was one of those rare occasions it wasn't heard the couple of times I checked.
Besides a few of GM's plus GI4SNA, the rest of the activity worked was predominantly in IO80 and IO91, 92 and 93. Mostly S&P though I called CQ on CW for the last half hour raised one reply.
In London next Tuesday/Wednesday so I won't be around for the 70cm UKAC.
I'll be on this Sunday during the 70cm AFS but not for the whole duration.

73 Ray GM4CXM