[UK-CONTEST] 432MHz AFS Sunday 7th February

Ray James gm4cxm at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 11 15:01:25 PST 2010

--- On Thu, 11/2/10, Rob Harrison <robharrison at g8hgn.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> As for dog eat dog, well it's a contest, NOT an activity night. If it were an activity night everyone, including me, would be spotting away merrily, but it's not and they don't.

If that were true Bob then how come since the UK's unilateral 'KST/DX-Cluster ban has spotting by UK stations evaporated during contests bar a few isolated exceptions yet in the rest of EU were no such ban is currently in place, the unselfish contest camaraderie by folk with a similar interests continues.

If you have any doubt then feel free to carry out the same research I did.

Visit the DX-Cluster site and click on "Search".
In the "Search String" box enter "contest".
Year, Hmmm....2009/2008 if you want to see EU activity versus UK decline and any year prior to the CC ban to see how it used to be.
Mode "ALL"
"Any" column.
Band, 2m, 70cm, 23cm?
Number of Spots, 1,000