[UK-CONTEST] 432MHz AFS Sunday 7th February

Ray James gm4cxm at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 12 05:19:29 PST 2010

--- On Fri, 12/2/10, Eddie G0EHV <g0ehv at btinternet.com> wrote:

> The reason you seem to hit a wall is the very poor activity
> levels in NE England.
> There are only a handful of stations regularly on any of
> the vhf/uhf serious end of the bands.
> I'd love a bit more activity up here, sometimes I can't  even get a single QSO for a multiplier in my adjacent squares!

> Regards,
> Eddie
> G0EHV

Changed days when it was commonplace to work stations out of the likes of Cramlington, Newcastle, Sunderland, Consett, Durham, Middlesborough and Darlington.
Further west we also had activity out of Carlisle, Penrith, Workington, Whitehaven and Barrow. Scotland boasted far more than the usual 3 or 4 and Northern Ireland greater than typically one. South and mid Wales always presented a not impossible challenge but North Wales used to provide much activity. Backofthebeamitus is a long duration terminal disease with only two known cures taken from American electoral razzmatazz, Hope and Change.
Regular injections of M2 has been identified as one of the causes of this illness which is easily diagnosed when a subjects complain of either hearing white noise or that folk can't hear 'em off the back of their beams. A Belgium antidote called KST provided some relief to the suffering and though it is in widespread use throughout the rest of Europe, it was banned in the UK along with conditional use of a Finnish medicine known as DXC. Hope and Change are all that is left but the omens are not good for the areas that suffer with only 2.5% of them making a showing against 97.5% being from the All England club, despite the void of activity areas of the North East, North West and South West of that country.
Rumours that the UKAC is to be renamed the EAC or SEEAC are flatly denied despite sufferers reading things like "another great night", "wow, a contact every minute", "I need 2 new log books", "hard to find a clear frequency", "mein gott, das vos vunderbar".

73 Ray GM4CXM