[UK-CONTEST] Wind Turbines..

G3RIR g3rir at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 12 02:15:18 PST 2010

Ken,

You have missed the need to derate in your calculation. A 1.8 MW turbine can
only be rated at 30% at best (Government figures) as the wind doesn't always
blow and sometimes the wind is too strong and they have to switch them off
or feather them.  0.3 x 1.8 kW = 0.54 kW per house. That is not enough to
drive a Plasma Telly let alone your linear.

Neil, G3RIR