[UK-CONTEST] Wind Farms and Radar

Roger rogerg4oco at rogerg4oco.plus.com
Sat Feb 13 02:45:19 PST 2010

Ray and others

I went to a lecture a couple of years ago, in this country the
requirements were that any proposed wind farm must not obstruct any
point to point communications, or not part of any ancient monument,
which as the lecturer implied, there is not many hill tops or high
ground left where wind farms can be built. Locally here I have a large
wind farm and it is slightly to the north west of us, so far I can
detect no problems.

Hope it helps.

Roger G4OCO

Ray Hills wrote:
For what it is worth, my son works in that industry in the US.  There it
is a requirement of the licence to construct a wind farm that there is
full liason with the FAA.  The main problem is not so much the actual
radars but the point-point SHF links between the various control
centres.  Farms are not allowed to obstruct any of those point-point
link paths.

Ray G3HRH