[UK-CONTEST] VHF Combiner

Nick Gregory nickg0hik at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 14 05:20:35 PST 2010

Thanks Chaps,

Just done the maths and having one port o/c of a two port combiner gives a
VSWR of 2:1

coef = R1 - R2
          -----------
          R1 + R2

          100 - 50
          100 + 50

          = coef 0.33 or VSWR 1.98:1

so what I measured was correct.

My club has a MFJ259 so will put my existing combiners and the current
project on the meter.

Thanks for the input. look's like I on the right track.

Regards

Nick G0HIK