[UK-CONTEST] MOBILE TOWER

Colin Wilson colin at sheffield-live.co.uk
Sun Feb 14 07:26:52 PST 2010

Erik

I had a problem in my current QTH where the local council would not allow me
to have a mast without planning permission and as I'm moving to CT later
this year I did not want to have to do this just to get a mast in air!  It
was suggested by the council (Derbyshire) that if I had a mobile or portable
type mast it would fall outside his remit and would be okay to use as long
as it was not up for months at time!
I purchased a heavy duty Spiderbeam mast with stand which I put up and leave
up for up to 6 weeks at a time then take it down for a couple of days and
then put it back again!  The local council first approached me within days
of me getting it in the air but their first question to me was had I taken
their advice and was it mobile/portable to which I replied yes its portable.
The response back was that they were happy and that this was outside of
their remit and that they would inform the person who had raised the
"complaint" regarding my previous masts that there was nothing that could be
done to prevent me from using this type of mast, so how pleased was I Hi!

Good luck I hope yours turns out okay
73

Colin G3VCQ/J38CW
www.sheffield-live.co.uk