[UK-CONTEST] RSGB CC (cw) - 18th Feb

Stewart Rolfe gw0etf at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 19 01:33:33 PST 2010

Conditions last night up here in north west Wales seemed quite unusual in a positive way. For the whole 90 minutes I had good propagation from all over the UK as well as throughout EU from I to SM, DL to UA. All signals were good strengths and I managed to run for the bulk of the contest; there was no sign of the usual later shift from inter-G to longer skip GM/EU.

Just checked the Reverse Beacon Network (www.reversebeacon.net) and I can see my very modest doublet was triggering Skimmers around europe from start to finish and with respectable SNR figures; seems like the improved conditions on the higher bands have extended to 80m...long may it continue.

Thanks for all the QSOs and particularly nice to be called by G3VA MBE!

73,

Stewart, GW0ETF

(K3/100w to a 100ft doublet 30ft up in the sky)