[UK-CONTEST] [CDXC] Detuning TX antenna on receive.

Neil G0JHC g0jhc at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Feb 21 11:21:43 PST 2010

Dave, I assume you are detuning  the antenna at its feed point and not
trying to do it from the shack?

Here I find the rx antenna within 100ft of the TX antenna  on 160m adds
about 2 points of  "induced" noise if you don't detune at the Antenna base.
Once over 200ft feet away its not needed.

So if your TX/RX ants are 80-90m away .. about 290ft, I say you don't have
to worry too much and won't notice much of a difference if at all.

Neil G0JHC