[UK-CONTEST] Dressler D 200 s VHF Linear Amp

John Wilson uk-contest at grebe.plus.com
Mon Feb 22 06:13:34 PST 2010

Will,
I've got one of these and never seen more than about 500 W out maximum.
For good linearity on SSB I wouldn't push it above about 350 W.  Don't
take any notice of the power output meter, it's grossly optimistic.  The
amp is very sensitive and I get full power with about 2 Watts on the
input and the attenuator switched out.  With a higher power rig start
off with it set to its lowest possible output power and have the
amplifier input attenuator set to maximum and work up from there.

John G3UUT