[UK-CONTEST] ARRL CW

Chris G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 23 05:12:50 PST 2010

Interesting Clive. I was thinking the same thing. There does seem to be
an increase in signals modulated with rough tone.

I noted the following were bad - SO4M, YU2A, LZ5R, HG8L, E73W, YT4W,
RX3APM and the worst YT40W.

Also very bad clix frrom LZ9W, ET4A and RK4FWX.

I noted some bad clix from a few US stations also, probably uing still
unmodified FT1000 MPs.

There does seem to be a pattern developing considering the recent thread
on the CDXC Reflector regarding pile up behaviour. It was very
noticeable that the silly trend of speeding up parts of F Key messages
seems to come from the same geographical area. Some of these appeared
deliberate whilst others may be just that logging program users had not
bothered to change the default messages and take the speed up characters
out.

Chris G3SJJ

Visit the new FOC website at  http://www.g4foc.org/