[UK-CONTEST] 50MhzAC this week some basic info

Rob Harrison robharrison at g8hgn.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Feb 23 08:56:26 PST 2010

Hi Alex,

Full locator, frequencies from 50.130 up 50.200 usually as not very busy,
however during Es openings in the summer, the band will go up past 50.200
(avoid 50.230 it's for JT6M).

For CW anywhere in above, or around 50.100 +/- a bit. Then 50.110
(Intercontinental calling) to 50.130 is a guard band, use in here, for
"local" QSO's, is frowned upon. Centre of activity is 50.150, not a calling
frequency.

Google the Bandplan for full frequency allocations.

73

Bob G8HGN