[UK-CONTEST] Individual Short Contest Callsigns

David G3YYD g3yyd at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 25 13:55:24 PST 2010

Another advantage of a short call:

If there are less characters to copy then there is a lower probability
of the call being received in error.
Call copy errors can be further reduced by avoiding difficult letters
and numbers when selecting the call.
Shorter calls can be sent more often further reducing busted call reception.
Reducing call errors will reduce the numbers of QSOs removed during
adjudication.

I am glad my personal call does not have a regional character, e.g. GJ,
nor double numbers in it, e.g. J88.

David G3YYD