[UK-CONTEST] Individual Short Contest Callsigns

Stewart GM4AFF stewart at gm4aff.net
Fri Feb 26 01:47:34 PST 2010

There are a few anomalies which arise when the QSO count is the determining
factor. Why is the final score not being used? That's what determined who
did 'best' in the event!
I made more QSOs in IOTA 2008 in my section than the leading station but I
didn't win. QSO counts for CQ contests last year are generally not
available - only claimed scores - which will probably include dupes and
certainly busts.
Another anomaly occurs in VHF contests. I made 26 QSOs in my section and
came 2nd in the Marconi Memorial and the leading station made 68 QSOs. The
station who came 3rd made 39!
What happens in a Multi event with 2 or 3 ops and I'm one of the operators?
How many QSOs can I claim as an individual?
For major contests I have compared my totals with the leader in my section
only - not my country. So, I have compared my SOAB score with the likes of
HC8N and EF8M (SOAB).
What does IOTA Multi-mode mean? Does it mean the callsign issued can only be
used in multi-mode entries?
So many questions... (no answers required)

73
Stewart
GM4AFF