[UK-CONTEST] The first 144MHz UKAC of 2010

Colin Wilson colin at sheffield-live.co.uk
Sun Jan 10 07:02:09 PST 2010

Well said David!  However I would just ask that in any contest on any band
can some one please define "warming up"! Is it someone consistently
conducting test transmissions such as "Testing 12345 de M0ZZZ  testing 12345
etc...., or is it someone who is having a QSO or two before the contest and
then stays on the frequency to start his run?  I see no problem with the
latter otherwise we are asking all hams to go QRT if participating in a
contest 15 minutes before the start time?  Never going to happen nor should
it!  However someone consistently on air testing for 15 minutes or more
needs to get themselves a dummy load!
Best way for a /p or /m contester to check their kit would be to have as
many QSO's as they want to have prior to the contest and then if they wish
continue to use the frequency just as you would normally if calling CQ on
any band then do so!
Come one guys lets not forget what we are about please were supposed to be
having fun!

Lets try to keep it that way

73

Colin G3VCQ/J38CW