[UK-CONTEST] The first 144MHz UKAC of 2010

David G3YYD g3yyd at btopenworld.com
Sat Jan 9 07:41:52 PST 2010

Wow a whole 200KHz for so few stations wish it was the same for 80m CC.
So now and again a bit of splatter, live with it. On 80m CC its not IMD
splatter but the actual intended RF that causes the QRM - too many
stations crowded into too little frequency space.

Post Script: Most commercial VHF/UHF rigs have a very very poor receive
dynamic range of around 70dB add a pre-amp to overcome the poor noise
factor and usable dynamic range is 60dB or less. So that wideband
splatter is not solely due to poor transmitters. Although many
commercial VHF/UHF rigs have poor IMD. Campaign for better rigs rather
than moan here just as the HF contesters have been doing for decades.

David G3YYD