[UK-CONTEST] AFS - operating out of band

David G3YYD g3yyd at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 17 07:00:58 PST 2010

As I see it the lower in the band for AFS CW the more QSOs a run station
makes. QED Run stations are going to avoid being high in the band.
Because Run stations are low in the band due to S&P guys tuning in
general from low to high then when the Run stations run out they will
tune down the band or start again at the bottom of the band and tune up.
QED at around 3575 Run stations are no more and very few S&P go above
3580. Few tuning above 3580 means QRS run stations get few QSOs so where
do they go? Below 3775 of course!

If some one called me going slow I turned the speed down to their speed
- a common coutesy and a practical one as a repeat will take longer than
sending at a slower rate. However they still have to copy my callsign at
25+ WPM before they call me.

David G3YYD