[UK-CONTEST] Ethics & Financial restraints?

Phil VK4BAA philhss at tesco.net
Sun Jan 17 22:01:27 PST 2010

Hmm.

Looks like I won't be allowed to play then - even though I'm a member of the Windmill Contest Group and have been so since sometime in 80s....?  8-)

73,

Phil
VK4BAA / VK4KW / G0HSS

---- Ken Chandler <g0orh at sky.com> wrote:
> Contester's
Without prejudice

I have been contesting for many years and enjoy doing so, but these
HFCC's have completly gotten out of hand and are not what they were
originally designed for, normal inter club activity. Club meaning, a
body who hold regular meetings once or twice a month at a regular
meeting place, and have an agenda laid out, and who are listed in
RadCom. Some groups have formed  jumped on the bandwagon and recruited
contesters from hundreds of miles from their area just so that they
can put together a bigger score, this cannot be right.
The RSGB has said 50 miles is resonable for a member to travel to his/
her club venue how can this be.
To prove my point, it now looks like Crawley club has recruited DK3UZ
who is posting scores on their behalf.
The power levels by some op's are also questionable, 100watts &
10watts being the required level output.
How much longer will it before other station in EU are recruited by UK
clubs.
The RSGB contest committee should get a grip on the situation instead
of burrying it's head in the sand,  or are committee frightened of
upsetting a few people who are taking liberties and manipulating rules
to suit themselves, (yes guys this is what it feels like, a complete
disregard of rules)
Finally, one last thing,  can someone tell me how this works!!!
The 3 AAA's contest group have recruited GM3POI, and GM3WED who post
scores in the CC' under their banner,  but who then  suddenly revert
to ORKNEY in AFS contests.
What we want is being fair all round and each CLUB on a level playing
field.

Ken..G0ORH

Sent from my iPhone