[UK-CONTEST] RSGB Contests - IOTA

Roger G3SXW g3sxw at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 2 07:57:24 PDT 2010

The skill is in working 200+ per hour, hour after hour, accurately logging
call-signs. Plus mult-hunting; plus call-sign recognition (cranial
super-check partial); plus working three point QSOs outside your own
continent, plus knowing where to point the beam and when to rest . . . . . .
. . no skill really!

There are dozens of contests. If you don't like one format contest then try
another. But let & live. Don't belittle others who have different skill-sets
and enjoy different activities. By the way this "unskilled" CQWW contest is
by far the biggest contest in the world - some 30,000 contesters seem to
like it!

PS: I have won several WAE and RoPoCo contests. I love the
information-exchange. But CQWW is different. Pays yer money 'n takes yer
choice, innit.
73 de Roger/G3SXW.