[UK-CONTEST] RSGB Contests - IOTA

cris at gm4fam.plus.com cris at gm4fam.plus.com
Fri Jul 2 08:33:29 PDT 2010

Roger SXW is far too modest to mention this, so I will.

Its CQWWCW  1997 and we have just started our first ever multi-multi
operation as 5V7A - Togo is rare, not super rare, but rare enough to
attract many vintage DXers worldwide who need it on 40 to 160m in
particular.
Now, its difficult enough to work a CO-CHANNEL pileup from one direction
but at that time of nite in Togo 40m was the band to be if you were in any
of the three populated areas - EU, JA and NA.

It is something to behold listening to a pileup of hundreds of Northern
Hemisphere calls all at equal strength, all anxious to snag a rare one;
and G3SXW was one of the very few I know who could handle the immense
pileups - hour after hour.

I defy anyone who has been on the receiving end of such constant demand to
say "not much challenge in that".

73 Cris
GM4FAM