[UK-CONTEST] VHF NFD - Move To December?

Steve g8gsq at f2s.com
Wed Jul 7 06:39:48 PDT 2010

The K3 at Newbury club can clearly hear 'sky noise' or whatever you want
to call it. There's a significant difference between a dummy load and an
aerial so a preamp will make very little difference.

Last time I hauled the test gear out on site, noise coming out of the
feeder was about 12dB above thermal, which should be enough to make the
rig's contribution minor.

Steve