[UK-CONTEST] Dual 6M/4M beams?

Chris G3SVL Chris at G3SVL.com
Wed Jul 7 07:15:48 PDT 2010

At 10:50 07/07/2010, you wrote:
>Hi,
>Does anyone use a dual 4M and 6M beam if so how does it perform?.......I
>think I remember GW3YDX advertising one are there any others?

Hi Alex,

I bought one of Vine's dual 4m/6m beams last year for the same
reasons as you are considering.  Well made, good SWR on both bands
and I can't really tell the difference between the monoband versions
it replaced (I used to swap them back and forth to suit my contest / DX needs).

I looked at the G0KSC designs but didn't have the time to build one -
Vine are selling them as now (not sure if they have the dual band
version - but talk to Ron).

Summary, I can detect any compromise in performance, but then a wet
noodle works when condx are good!

73 Chris, G3SVL