[UK-CONTEST] RSGB IOTA Contest

Steve Jones member at rjtraining.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 02:18:40 PDT 2010

Sorry Ed, but until such time as the IOTA Committee reviews its previous unfair and inconsistent decision regarding the Isle of Anglesey / Ynys Mon I will continue to boycott their contest. The previous Chairman dug himself a big hole in trying to justify why the Committee investigated and acted on what was a clear sour grapes complaint from an unnamed contester/contest group who didnt like the fact that winning or competative entries were coming from Anglesey. The knock on effect of spoiling the enjoyment of local elderly and disabled radio amateurs by the removal of the eu124 status for the main island and the attractiveness of their qrp signals outside of contests, despite appeals to the IOTA Committee, led to my decision to boycott the contest.

Its a shame as it is a good contest in the calendar, but until such time as the IOTA Committee takes a consistent line on measuring the distance between mainlands and islands, I would rather participate in other RSGB and other international contests.

Message Received: Jul 15 2010, 07:41 AM