[UK-CONTEST] Small generators for portable stations

Roger Thawley Roger at G0BSU.net
Sat Jul 31 03:26:06 PDT 2010

I should add that the price of this generator varies wildly from supplier to
supplier - currently I see VAT/delivery inclusive prices between £239 and
£392 .....so shop around!

Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: uk-contest-bounces at contesting.com
[mailto:uk-contest-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Roger Thawley
Sent: 31 July 2010 11:20
To: uk-contest at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [UK-CONTEST] Small generators for portable stations

Tim,
	Last year I returned to radio following some years of inactivity
and, given that I live in the middle of a modern housing development, I've
concluded that the opportunities for antennas at home are modest, so I've
geared up to concentrate on portable operation at the moment - mostly
Tuesday evening activity contests at this time.
I purchased a Chinese clone of a Honda 'suitcase' generator with digital
inverter, which has proven largely reliable (bar an intermittent spark-plug
recently). The unit is rated at 900W and adequately runs laptop, PSU - which
in turn runs 100W o/p T/RX, rotator and a low energy site floodlight.
The generator is now 15 months old and has run some 9 hours a month since
purchased.

I've seen the same generator badged by a number of suppliers, including,
Machine Mart and Hyundai, it's also sold un-badged by a number of other
suppliers.

See the following:

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=SF1000+generator

Regards