[UK-CONTEST] Small generators for portable stations

John Wilson uk-contest at grebe.plus.com
Sat Jul 31 07:08:34 PDT 2010

I have one of the Honda invertor generators, EU2000i, this is a great
machine, its;
    just light enough for me to be able to manage it on my own
    produces a perfect sine wave. I looked at this on a scope and I
couldn't see the steps.
    got fantastic regulation - better than my mains at home.
    capable of running a valve linear to 400 W.
    gives no interference on receive (at least not on 4m, 6m, 2m and 70cm).
    got a capability  for parallel operation  although I've not
personnally tried this.
The downside is that it was eye wateringly expensive, however I've seen
Chinese clones but have no idea of their performance.

John G3UUT