[UK-CONTEST] Re. CW Speed ertc.

Stewart Rolfe gw0etf at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 1 00:19:36 PST 2010

--- On Mon, 1/3/10, Clive Whelan <clive.whelan at btinternet.com> wrote:

>.....afaik all logging
> progs. have the " send ahead"
> facility.

To make the most efficient use of 'type ahead' in (eg) N1MM you also need to be using ESM and a footswitch emulating the <Enter> key. That way you don't have to interrupt typing the call to find <Enter> on the keyboard. I'm no silky touch typist but at ~28-30wpm I can *normally* type at least the first 2 call letters by the time the whole call has been sent and start sending immediately while typing the rest. This B-list op can't see why some seem to be in awe of ESM/Type Ahead.

Personally I don't ofen experience these 'frequent delays' when S&Ping and yes, being occupied on the 2nd vfo/radio is probably as good an explanation when it does happen.

73,

Stewart, GW0ETF