[UK-CONTEST] Re. CW Speed ertc.

Andy Cook, G4PIQ g4piq at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 1 10:23:40 PST 2010

You don't need to have a footswitch with ESM to start send-ahead - or at
least you didn't need it with TR. Footswitches can be used for more useful
purposes like switching receive antennas.

You could type part of a callsign and then hit something like ; to start
sending. It would even start sending automatically after a set number of
characters had been entered - although I could never get my brain around
that one. I don't know if N1MM implements something similar, and I don't
think WT does. I've moved back to standard CT type (non ESM) behaviour since
moving from TR to WinTest (largely because of the ability to control the
SO2R message and headphone behaviour with better granularity and completely
from the keyboard). I don't think it hurts much. But I'm also not a top CW
op - however - you may hear me on practicing for WRTC!

73,

Andy, G4PIQ