[UK-CONTEST] Individual Short Contest Callsigns

Stewart Rolfe gw0etf at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 2 01:22:59 PST 2010

--- On Mon, 1/3/10, Ed - GW3SQX <g3sqx at edtaylor.org> wrote:

> (6)  If I use my club's SCC as a single operator, does
> this qualify?
>
> The answer ought to be "yes", but Ofcom are a bit
> resistant.  After all, if
> I go to GW8GT and operate single-operator, I am using a
> shortish club call,
> but it is a genuine single-op entry, and will count in my
> SCC application.

When our club applied for a SCC recently it was with a view to individual members being able to use it in addition to club multi-op operations; nothing on the hfcc web site indicates this as 'abuse' as some have suggested.

So the above means a member can cite a score with a club SCC in support of that individual's SCC application but not as support to maintain the existing club short call? Seems odd.....

73,

Stewart Rolfe, GW0ETF