[UK-CONTEST] Practising CW in minor contests

Chris Tran GM3WOJ zl1ct1 at gm7v.com
Tue Mar 2 11:28:34 PST 2010

Hello all

Someone in the recent 'CW speed' thread made a very important point -
practice makes perfect. I've noted over the last few years that very few UK
stations seem to take the opportunity to practice their CW skills in what
might be called 'minor' contests.

For example, last weekend in the HSC Contest I made about 70 QSOs - no
intention of entering the contest, just practising for one of the major
events. No amount of time spent with MorseRunner or RUFZ, although they are
useful, is a substitute for the real thing.  There are CW contests almost
every weekend nowadays.

73
Chris    GM3WOJ/ZL1CT