[UK-CONTEST] Individual Short Contest Callsigns

Ian Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Wed Mar 3 05:14:12 PST 2010

I totally agree Clive.  Sands Contest Group (G1T) have been using our call
for 4 years.  In that time we have used it in most of the major contests
each year (SSB mainly, sorry Olaf but some of us are not yet ready for the
pace of a CW contest ;)).  Having said that, we try to improve our own score
each year and we do OK but the current rules will probably mean we lose our
callsign.  We are in the process of collating the required information but
as Clive mentions, it sounds like a rule to discourage those of us without
the mega stations.  Surely proof of use is enough, why would OFCOM need to
know how well we do in the contests?

73 Ian

--
Ian J Maude, G0VGS