[UK-CONTEST] Commonwealth Contest 2010

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Tue Mar 16 02:28:16 PDT 2010

On 16 Mar 2010 at 9:05, cris at gm4fam.plus.com wrote:

> With contacts now possible on 5 bands from these Northern climes
> choosing operating times in the 12 hour section has become almost
> impossibly difficult for score optimisation, so will do 24 hours next
> year

It is perhaps questionable whether the 12 hour sections can really be
justified in this sort of contest. I set out intending to do 12 hours
in a not very serious entry with no overnight operating, but when I had
finished I found I had actually done 14 hours. And that was with some
hours, especially on Saturday morning, only having one or two QSOs. So
I entered 24 hours (restricted). I thought I might have qualified for
the QRP certificate (which I see I won last year, but don't seem to
have actually received the bit of paper...) but it seems from posts on
GQRP there are some who exceeded my 71 QSOs.

An enjoyable contest, just as the chance to work some rarer stuff
without the EU competition, but never one where I would get anywhere
near winning so I guess it doesn't really matter what column I appear
in.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com