[UK-CONTEST] Commonwealth Contest 2010

Peter Hobbs peter at tilgate.co.uk
Tue Mar 16 04:43:14 PDT 2010

I think it's a pragmatic thing Clive, first introduced when the
Restricted section returned to BERU, to encourage entries from the busy
family guy and maybe some of the older generation.  After all, for many,
it's an annual gathering rather than an all-out competitive event.
There's been discussion about scrapping 12 hrs since the Restricted
Section reverted to what it says on the label but there's still a
significant lobby to keep it.  As Cris says though, if you go for it
seriously, it can be very frustrating, especially if you listen and fret
rather than rest (as intended!) during the "rest" periods.

Of course, anyone looking to do well as a 12 hr player has to plan their
campaign in detail and stick to it, otherwise temptation becomes
overwhelming.  There should be no scope for surprises!

73, Peter G3LET