[UK-CONTEST] Microham unit

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 16 16:41:47 PDT 2010

Tom

If you are considering Windows 7 I strongly recommend avoiding the 64
bit version . I didn't, and to my cost cannot now run N1MM version 10.x
or later because the control protocol for the MK2R will not function.
Versions 9.x seem to be OK, but would not e.g. run BERU properly. I
don't know about other mH units obviously. mH say this is an N1MM/Visual
Basic issue. The words middle piggy in  the come to mind :-(

I then thought I'd run v10.x in XP mode, but that didn't work either.
Only when I specifically asked was I told that none of the "keyer" units
will work with the XP virtualisation in Win7 and will not be enabled so
to do. My only choice now is to revert to the previous XP machine, which
wold be  a shame as Win7/64:XP is like Usain Bolt:a tortoise.

  So XP virtualisation is a definite non starter, and Win7/64 may or may
nor work for you; it didn't for me and nobody knows exactly why, perhaps
because of the multicore processor powering Win 7? I have no reason to
doubt that the 32 bit version will function and can hardly fail to be an
improvement over Vista. ymmv.

73

Clive
GW3NJW