[UK-CONTEST] ] Buried coax

James Hill jrh at g0fhm.net
Sat Mar 20 12:13:21 PDT 2010

ALEX LISTER wrote:

> If using Duct
> Don,t forget the mouse bait for the rodents.
> Incidentally I am using some large diameter 50 ohm Yellow ethernet,
> With a solid dielectric for a long run to HF vertical , Been in ground some time
> Sleeved with Plastic conduit . Seems OK.

I'm using that Yellow ethernet coax on all my antennae... got around
about 5km of the stuff FOC about 6 years back!!

I've used 4" "Polypipe" Underground tube before now (the brown stuff),
and terminated each end with a 90deg elbow. Then, once the feeders are
in, squirt either end with a liberal portion with expanding foam. Kept
the wet stuff out for me, and if you need to add/remove feeders at a
later date, then it can be "mullered" and sucked out easily enough.

Cheers,

James G0FHM