[UK-CONTEST] Postal Service

tom wylie thomaswylie at sky.com
Tue Mar 30 03:21:10 PDT 2010

In the past 2 weeks I have had two items of mail (QSL Cards) tampered
with.  In each case the envelope end where the stamp is has been torn
completely off.   One came from the USA in a poly bag with a note of
apology from the US Postal ervices and the other arrived this morning in
a poly bag from the UK postal Services with a note of apology.   In both
circumstances both envelopes contained an IRC and not dollars or euros.

It didnt look like machine damage but a deliberate act of tearing the
envelope.   It nmakes me wonder if any envelopes containing dollars etc
have "disappeared" in the mail chain.   Maybe our mail is not so secure
as we think.

On another tack, remember THE UK POSTAL PRICES ARE GOING UP AS FROM NEXT
MONDAY.   You can download a PDF file from the Royal Mail Web Site with
the new costs.   REMEMBER its not just the amount of stamps you put on
an envelope, but you HAVE to take into account the wenvelope size AND
thickness as well....

Happy QSLing (if thats what makes your day)!

73 de Tom
GM4FDM
--
I am fully aware that my youth has been spent
That my get up and go - has got up and went