[UK-CONTEST] Postal Service

cris at gm4fam.plus.com cris at gm4fam.plus.com
Tue Mar 30 23:16:33 PDT 2010

Let me assure anyone who has had mail tampered with or stolen that Royal
Mail takes any such incidence VERY seriously.

With a workforce of 160,000 people handling over 80 million items a day
there are always going to be a very few bad apples / mistakes, but since
joining the Company last December I have been surprised (and impressed) at
the constant reminders we receive about getting it right first time.
(The Group has some ingenious methods of weeding out the bad apples and
they are soon identified).

The other issue is security; the US postal service is in a constant state
of jitters about suspicious mail - this has a knock-on effect on RM and
other national postal services receiving mail from the States. (We too are
very security conscious nowadays).

Chris VDP is correct in saying that we get good value from the postal
service, but I would say that wouldn't I?!.

73 Cris
GM4FAM