[UK-CONTEST] Re :- RSGB 21/28MHz Contest

David G3YYD g3yyd at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 10 13:38:01 PST 2010

Nick

Interesting counter point of view and thank you for your contribution to
the discussion.

Making the assumption that I am not interested in DX is an incorrect
deduction. I read the rules of any contest very carefully before I enter
so I can generate the best strategy for doing well in that contest. In
many, but not all contests, this means working a lot of DX on all HF
bands, QED I am interested in DX.

There is nothing stopping people who want to contest on 10m or 15m doing
single band entries in major contests and competing against like minded
entrants. In the process working what DX is available. Given the orders
of magnitude greater activity in major contests like CQ WW and CQ WPX
then it does make the argument about 10/15m DX opportunity via this
contest very weak indeed.

73 David G3YYD