[UK-CONTEST] RSGB Sprints

Ian Pritchard g3wvg at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 8 04:00:35 PDT 2011

Hi All

I think the fact that one can find "sufficient activity to find stations throughout the 90 mins" is missing the point.  To me that sounds a little like a "qso party." An aspect of a sprint contest is that there should be considerably  more stations available throughout the duration of the contest than can be worked, hence the need to "sprint" to maximise the qso total.

I'm not sure that multiple qsos is the answer though. I don't think the larger UK contest community is ready for that yet! The best solution would be better promotion of the event.  Why not a promotional email shot to all the CC entrants.  Failing that, a reduction of the contest time to 60 mins would liven things up.

73 Ian G3WVG