[UK-CONTEST] PSK !!!

ALEX LISTER alexcom22 at btopenworld.com
Tue Apr 26 23:44:32 PDT 2011

Tks
Rob& co
Explains why my cheap replacement 2nd sound card was far superior to the the
"Clever " device fitted by manufacturer,
I would guess apart from sampling the equalisation within some sound cards is
half the trouble.
Still absolutely amazed that many commercial interface units are sold with TX
audio via the microphone input.
An absolute No No unless that'sur only audio input.
I do have a SignalinkUSB from a SK which I need to check out prior to sale so
will have a play to see how good it is !
Probably on next CW session.
Found why my PSK decode was so poor on last data event.
I had not noticed that the AFC flag had been turned on.
Whilst realising the important bandwidth considerations like most I do not like
PSK as a contest mode, Takes far too long to sync.

I will persevere as PSK = Points + on RSGB cc80.
Alex G8FCQ