[UK-CONTEST] SO or is it SO

Clive GM3POI gm3poi2 at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 7 09:59:11 PDT 2011

Agreed  Roger, that seems to be the way things are going. However my
point is that Contest organisers should clearly show that assistance is
permitted or not in there SO category, as this clearly alters your
approach as to how you operate a contest. Or perhaps not even entering,
as some have done with the likes of WAE.
	Whichever way SO moves it should be spelt out in the rules to avoid any
mistakes, and default set to assisted in all software is a start, also
the same applies to on-line log uploads.
73 Clive GM3POI BTW "Classic" might confuse non English speakers it
would be better to have a new SOA standard Category and name.