[UK-CONTEST] Who loses points for bad QSO?

Bob Henderson bob.5b4agn at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 01:26:44 PDT 2011

I agree with you Stewart.  Our contests are based upon two-way
communication, after all.  However, penalties mostly aren't applied this
way, only the station with the error in his log is penalised.

Gaming the system is certainly a risk.  I think it's rare but I do have one
personal experience.  A few years back, I worked a well known contester
during CQWW RTTY.   He was a double mult for me and I at least an entity
mult for him.  Knowing I would be unlikely to find another station from the
same entity or zone, he chose to send his call with one character wrong.
You may think this was a mis-copy but no, his call was sent incorrectly six
times.  A little detective work allowed me to correct the call post event,
so his ploy didn't work.  He achieved nothing but assassination of his own
character.  The depths to which some will stoop really can be quite amazing.

73 Bob, 5B4AGN