[UK-CONTEST] Who loses points for bad QSO?

Tom GM4FDM tom at gm4fdm.com
Sat Aug 13 03:15:41 PDT 2011

Hmmmmmm.    I am qsl manager for Craig  D2SG.    In his last log there
were 12 instances of    where he had keyed in an O  instead of a 0
(zero)    like MOAXT instead of
M0AXT  there were two instances of where Craig had keyed in an I instead
of a 1.  So these QSOs did not match in LOTW.

Now these things are simple to correct in a DX log.    I guess it
depends a great deal on your key board.
(I remember when I was in jersey with the French team, I was confronted
by a French keyboard which
you might or might not know is NOT QWERTY......

Now I can be as accurate and correct as you like, but if the station I
make contact with keys in a Capital O instead of a ZERO, why should I be
penalised?     In my case my brain is faster than my fingers and key in
errors
do occur.   If they are MY error why should someone else be punished?

CQ Contest GM4FDM

GM4FDM 5B4AGN

5B4AGN 599001

GM4FDM 5B4AGN rgr UR 599999

QSL BOB 73 QRZ GM4FDM

all correct?     yes?    what if I inadvertently key in 4B5AGN     or
5B5AGN  or 5B4AGM

Bob will be none the wiser, no matter how many times he has checked my
information on the radio.

Why should HE loose points as well?

My 2p  worth

Tom

GM4FAM   sri  GM4FDM   sri  GM4FVM or even GM3FDN