[UK-CONTEST] Not sending what you key in

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Mon Aug 15 02:16:59 PDT 2011

I am one of those who never ever uses keyboard sent CW. The reason is
simple, you have total control over what is sent. I do not tire sending
from the paddle so there seems little reason to use the computer. I
also use a paper log for my normal logging (copied later into my
electronic one), and I also use paper when out portable, like I did in
the recent Low Power contest.

There may be the odd copying error, but they are pretty rare and
normally noticed before submitting. SD prevents the 0/O problem, which
tends to be the most common typing error. I can touch type anyway and
rarely make mistakes because of pure typing errors.

Typing up paper IOTA logs that others have written is a different
thing. I can read my own writing, but that of someone on the other side
of the continent is very different (and I helped Don out as well, I
assume there are no paper logs this time Don?).

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com