[UK-CONTEST] Not sending what you key in

Tom GM4FDM tom at gm4fdm.com
Mon Aug 15 01:59:47 PDT 2011

Again going back to Barry's comment that this is OK if your sending via
the keyboard, but if you are sendling by paddle, you can send something
and unfortunately log something else due to sloppy typing.   I still
wonder if there are a few guys out there who only give out a few numbers
in the contest via their favourite logger, or still (god forbid) even a
paper log, then post contest, re-type the QSOs into a contest logger, so
that they can generate a cabrillo or whatever - or am I stretching the
imagination too much.

My mind goes back to the days when I was a typer upper of IOTA Contest
logs which were received via paper and often especially with foreign
amateurs it was difficult to read their writing, to ensure I accurately
typed up their log.

:-)

Tom
GM4FDM