[UK-CONTEST] Typing Skills and Contesting

Roger Western g3sxw at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 15 07:40:46 PDT 2011

Tim - each to his own! Contest sponsors welcome all logs, even those on
paper, which are 'gladly' typed up. But in our case (CQWWCW) we make around
13,000 QSOs so computer logging is the only option. Anyway, without the sort
of rigorous cross-checking that you employ I'd say that transcription errors
are more frequent than live typing errors, even for non touch typists like
me (hunt & peck but still log 200 calls an hour with acceptable accuracy!).

Paper logs are, like many other aspects of life, subject to 'compliance by
death'.
73 de Roger/G3SXW.