[UK-CONTEST] Not sending what you key in

G4LMW g4lmw at btconnect.com
Mon Aug 15 08:05:54 PDT 2011

With more and more contest recordings being made, the "I never make a
mistake" brigade may have to accept that they might be wrong (sorry).

I have just been through some recordings and heard several SENDING errors
from what was logged (I'm talking sequential serial numbers here, so no
doubt where the error was).

This was a VERY experienced (though probably tired) op, using a paddle to
send.

Use the keyboard - at least what is sent is what is logged (no mention of
WinTest in multi-op mode please).

I may ruffle a few feather here but the arrogance of some that they NEVER
make a mistake when sending manually is rather conceited.

Regards
Rob, G4LMW