[UK-CONTEST] Typing skills (or lack of)

Ken Eastty ken.g3lvp at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 15 12:41:58 PDT 2011

There are some operators who type with one hand whilst at the same time
keying with the other
in which case touch typing wouldn't help, whether this skill is useful
today when PC's can be used to
do the keying is another matter.
Not being a touch typist (I never wanted to be a typist, that's what the
girls did when I was at school ) I find that my ~ 20 wpm typing a
disadvantage especially when an unusual  or difficult call (for me this
is 2E0 etc) appears or recovering from a mistake.
I feel that it's far too late to break the habit of using the wrong fingers.

73...

Ken

G3LVP