[UK-CONTEST] Typing skills (or lack of)

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Mon Aug 15 13:21:08 PDT 2011

On 15 Aug 2011 at 19:41, Ken Eastty wrote:

> There are some operators who type with one hand whilst at the same time
> keying with the other in which case touch typing wouldn't help,

When I am working people my hands are all over the place, rapidly
moving between the keyboard (while receiving exchanges), the paddle
when sending and the tuning knob between QSOs. And grabbing a slurp
from the cup of tea by the side. But while typing my two hands and ten
fingers and thumbs are where they should be - hovering over the home
keys. My eyes of course are on the screen watching what I am typing.
This is so instinctive you don't need to think about it. Once you can
touch type you ALWAYS do so, it is impossible to do it with two fingers
or one hand (and you won't find any spelling errors in this email
either...).

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com