[UK-CONTEST] CW Open contest - session 1

G4FNL g4fnl at bubloz.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 23 11:14:46 PDT 2011

Hi Deni
I made mention previously of how difficult it was to find entrants in
amongst the RDA contest traffic. I don't recall too many contests where
contestants are unsure what contests they are in - but it does happen - but
usually the exchanges are mutually acceptable or people adapt to suit.
However, last weekend was an example where the exchanges were not compatible
- and I had several non-QSOs because of the refusal of Russian operators to
send me their name despite several requests at QRS speeds. I didn't really
mind, because the wretched CW Open contest was so slow, it didn't make any
real difference to my score, but it was frustrating because the Russian guys
had called me (despite me using "Test CWO" or sometimes "Test CW Open" when
eliciting Q's)
So, I reckon the CWO should move to another weekend - perhaps when an SSB or
RTTY contest is in full swing. I wonder -how's the weekend of 1st April next
year looking ;>)
73 Graham G4FNL